Barrett Achieves Huge Accomplishments in 2016
With the support of Barrett’s team, customers, and suppliers, Barrett has finished its best year ever with some amazing accomplishments. These accomplishments will boost our product range, performance, quality, and technical support in the years ahead.
- We began sales of the BURT (Barrett Upperextremity Robot Trainer) designed especially for researchers exploring life-sized force-field haptics.
- We won a $1.5m Phase-II Grant from the National Institutes of Health to create grasping capabilities for BURT and to explore possible clinical use of BURT for stroke rehabilitation.
- We began sales of the Puck for OEM use, and far exceeded our goals for 2016.
- We won a highly competitive Stage-II Grant from MassVentures to help underwrite Barrett’s product refinements.
- We won a Phase-I Grant from NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory to study the feasibility of using the Puck to support Mars Rover missions, such as locomotion and manipulation.
- We have grown our team, especially on the software-development and support side. Barrett today has the best team in its 28-year history.
- We have expanded our space to 1,000 m2 (10,000 ft2) of beautiful sunlit brick-and-beam architecture to increase space needed for the team and to support our new Quality System for manufacturing.
With your support, we look forward to an even better year in 2017!